photograph above are members of the 5th Battalion Rifle
Club taken at the Ballarat Rifle Range in 1928. Father
and son served with the battalion during this period;
they were R.G.G. Macey (kneeling right of the lady) and
R.W.C. Macey; (not pictured).
R. G. G. Macey is
fourth on the right.
Drums of the 5th Battalion the Victorian Scottish
In Camp at
Left: J.Fisher, R. G. G. Macey, F. Insall, J. Crocker
and R. Healy.
Another 3 members of
the battalion in camp at Seymour in 1929.
In camp at Eltham.
from left: Lieutenant McBride,
W.O. R.G.G. Macey and Lieutenant Swyer.
The Battalion being led by the pipes and drums as they
march out from the Demobilisation Depot, Seymour 1929.
The 5th Battalion, The Victorian Scottish Regiment in kilts
marching along Spencer Street towards Bourke
Street late 1920s
All Images are © Martina Macey
The Webmaster would like to
thank Ms Martina Macey for her contribution in honour of
the men of the 5th Battalions.